Thursday, November 21, 2013

A little {Fun} Introduction

Well, it's finally here! The time has come... My very FIRST ever blog post {WHOO-HOO}!
Like any good beginning, I would first like to start off by introducing myself and WELCOME all of you lovely readers
to my blog.

Hello & Welcome! I'm Amanda, a self-proclaimed cook-a-holic and wannabe chef. Over the past couple of years I have discovered cooking has become my passion, my "me" time, my therapeutic relief, my creative outlet, my happy place so to say - I just love love LOVE it. But, with that being said, I have to mention that I have absolutely no background in cooking, unless if you consider cooking to be genetic. You see, I was blessed with a mother whose cooking was {and still is} nothing shy of gourmet status. Funny thing is I never spent endless amounts of time in the kitchen learning how to cook. Not with my mom. Not with anyone. Not Ever. I do however, know that I love to cook and have a passion for making delicious eats and treats. And, since I have a deep love for cooking {but more importantly a deep love for eating} I decided to start a blog - 
 Fun in the Oven - A place where I can jot down my thoughts on cooking... and gardening... and life as a wife and grad student. And let's not forget about the fun recipes that I'll post here and there, since this blog is {so aptly} named "FUN in the OVEN"

Before I continue, I must also confess, I don't know the first thing about blogging, I just know I want to do it. Mostly, I want a place where I can inspire others and share all the fun things this life has to offer... so I thought why not start a blog??? Right?  ... right? 

So here we are... 
let me fill you in a little bit more about me. I am in the middle of completing my MBA and I spend part of my time teaching labs at my alma mater {which is by far one of the greatest Universities!} I graduated with a degree in Psychology and a minor in Horticulture. Hence, my love for gardening and plants. Anywho, my husband and I recently got married and I learned very quickly that I love to try new recipes and foods with him. He is my everything and the most supportive loving husband. I am very blessed and beyond thankful for his companionship. He gives me the green light when things are tasting amaze, and fills me in on what I can do differently to make a kick-butt meal. I owe all my cooking knowledge to Pinterest. I LOVE Pinterest and Pinterest loves me back {if it could talk I know it would tell you so}. 

Needless to say, I am super excited to dive into the blog world. I want to continue inspiring others to enjoy life and food! Every now and then I'm sure I will get the urge to share with you a funny story or two, or tell you the latest and greatest about a new kitchen product or recipe idea. Like I mentioned before, I don't really have a clue when it comes to blogging but I want to share my thoughts with YOU, and hear YOUR thoughts as well. 
 So come on in, take a look around, and Welcome to Fun in the Oven. 
cheers, Amanda 


Spicy Sausage Pasta
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Veggies for Beef Stew






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.