Monday, November 3, 2014

I've Been Nominated!

Image// via
If you've been following along, you'll know that I began Fun In The Oven
 (FITO) Blog  almost a year ago (last November). Yay!

I have grown and learned so much as a new blogger. I have met some incredible people, made some amazing connections, and have been afforded some really cool opportunities, all through blogging.

When I started FITO Blog I simply wanted a creative outlet, and a simple way to share easy and delicious recipes with friends and family. Never did I image that my blog would grown into something truly special and that I love doing.

One of the coolest perks about blogging is connecting with other bloggers and like minded people. One of those FUN ways is being nominated for the Liebster Award.

I was nominated as a recipient of the Liebster Award by THREE (yes! 3!) incredible bloggers: Natalie from Polka Dots and Pampers, Shelby from Shelby Clarke Blog, and Neive from The Aussie Osborns.

I am thrilled to be nominated, and love the potential to connect with even more bloggers!!
The award is given for bloggers with less than 200 followers, and nomination are received from other bloggers.
(How Cool! I know!)

I have been provided and challenged to answer the 11 questions below, then I will nominate another 11 bloggers to answer the same questions and post them to their blog.

1. How did you decided on the title of your blog?

I decided on Fun In The Oven Blog as a set of play on words. I knew when I started blogging that I wanted my blog to be centered around fun times and food. So Fun In The Oven Blog was born.


2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?

Well that's easy... FUN. I want the time people spend in their kitchen and around a dinner table to be FUN! I want them to enjoy the food they're making, make it with love, and then enjoy it. I don't think that cooking should be a chore. Why not enjoy it, and enjoy it with the ones you love?! 


3. What's your favorite pastime other than blogging?

What?! There's pastimes other than blogging??
I kid. 

But seriously, between blogging, teaching college courses, and being a graduate student, pastimes are the furthest thing from my mind on a daily basis. I constantly have to be doing something "productive". Not that pastimes can't be productive too.
However, I do enjoy cooking as a pastime, and spending time with my family (but only if we get to eat) :)
I also enjoy gardening, and learning new things (like I just learned calligraphy - newest pastime/ hobby)



4. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?

Oh my goodness, there has been so much joy that blogging has brought me. I really enjoy connecting with readers and other bloggers. I love creative writing so I enjoy the writing part of blogging too. Photography has been a small hobby of mine so editing and taking beautiful photos really gets me going. I also truly enjoy sharing recipes and knowing that the food will be simple to make yet yummy!


5. What recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most like to try yourself?

I am loving Natalie's Color Combo to Try. I love grey and pink and those two look great together. It's a must-do on my list.
I love the Dog Nutrition and Pet Ownership Tips found on Shelby's blog. I can't wait to try some of those tips and tricks on my fur babies. 
I am totally going to try Neive's recipe for Benn's Vanilla Cookies. Don't those just sound divine? I love me a good cookie recipe! Perfect for my Food Blogger's Cookie Swap coming up. Neive's also got some great creative cooking posts. Right up my alley.


6. Where does your blog inspiration come from?

My inspiration first comes from my mother, who is hands down one of the best cooks on Earth. Then I love to peruse recipes in cookbooks and from other bloggers. I love watching cooking shows - so I gather inspiration from those. And, eating, lot's of eating. I love to try new places to eat and if I like what I have I try to recreate it in my home.
 

7. What one country in the world would you like to visit? Why?

Does a region work? I would LOVE to "backpack" through Europe and Spain. I think there is so much to see and do. It would need to be a very extended vacation so I could visit all the coastlines, quaint eateries, and historical landmarks. Sounds fabulous! I also really want to take an Alaskan Cruise. 


8. If you have children, what are their names? If not, what are your favorite boy and girl names?

No children, and none anytime soon. I am very superstitious so I don't know how comfortable I feel sharing THE names, since I think it will jinx something - we are working really hard in the kiddo department, but have not been blessed with one yet. I do have some names picked out, but I don't want to share... I know I am lame. I feel that is something truly special between the parents and family, I don't want to blast it out to the world. However, I have some more pet names picked out... like: Professor, Buttons, Boots, and Rooster. Cute, right?!


9. A long lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?

First of all, if possible I would THANK them. Then I would pay off all of our debt. Buy my husband a nice shiny new truck, purchase some ranch land, and a house on the California coast. Then I want to open/ establish a non for profit organization that helps feed kids/ families in need. I would also like to open up a no kill animal shelter. I'd use the money to give back. And, maybe open a restaurant. 


10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you've written so far? (Include the link!)

Oh man, this is a tough one. There's just so many that I've enjoyed writing and making. Recently, I posted a simple recipe for Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites. But a couple more of my favorite recipes are my Sriracha Shrimp Salad &  Herbed Cheese- Stuffed Steaks w/ Shallot and Red Wine Reduction.


11. What is your favorite food?

I have to pick just one?!
Then I'll have to pick Italian food.
That covers most of my favorites. I love pasta and a good pizza.
I love anything stuffed too (ravioli's, shells, etc). oh yea, and WINE! ;)



So there ya have it! I have officially accepted my award.


Next up are my nominations (based on number of Facebook followers for their blog page):


1. Jennifer @ Texas Weekends Count

2. Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey

3. Kara @ I'm Note Snow White


4. Diana @ Diana's Guide to Life


5. Alexandra @ With a heart in danger


6. Barbara @ Nickely Challenged


7. Laura @ The Accidental Mama


8. Breanna @ Faith N Coffee


9. Rich & Celeste @ A Thing Called Love


10. Chelsea + Leah @ Life, Love + Coffee Stains


11. Jessica @ Something Whimsy



Now, How-to Accept your Award:

  • Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you (see below)
  • Comment on this post with your link when you're Leibster Award post is up on your blog, so I can see your answers!
  • In your post, be sure to link back to the person and blog that nominated you and give a little thank you shout out
  • After completing the questions, nominate 11 Bloggers of your choice with under 200 followers on the social media platform of your liking, and provide a link to your post so that they know where to go/ what to do.

Here are your 11 questions (I loved the questions I was given, so I'm giving them back to you):

  1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
  2. What is one word that sums up the heart of your blog and why?
  3. What's your favorite pastime other than blogging?
  4. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
  5. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most like to try yourself?
  6. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
  7. What is one country in the world you would like to visit and why?
  8. If you have children, what are their names? If not, what are your favorite boy & girl names?
  9. 9. A long lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
  10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you've written so far? (Include the link)
  11. What is your favorite food?
 Congratulations, Bloggers! I loved finding your blogs and I will continue to read them! :)

Thank you again to Natalie, Shelby, and Neive for the nominations, I had fun sharing a little bit more about myself and reading your blogs!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.