Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sriracha Shrimp Salad


 S is for Summer.
and Summer is for Seafood, Salads, and Spice. 



During my usual activity of perusing the different recipes gracing the pages of magazines and cookbooks, I came across a recipe for Shrimp Salad in the July issue of Good Housekeeping Magazine.

I thought to myself: "This sounds delightful on a warm summer day like today."... "oh, yes. This will be mine."

I grabbed a package of cooked shrimp (frozen), instead of boiling my own - which only made this recipe that much simpler.

I also switched out the hot sauce for Sriracha, and added chopped green onions instead of scallions. In no time I had a refreshing and delicious shrimp salad with the perfect hint of heat.


Sriracha Shrimp Salad

You'll Need:
+ 1 bag frozen shrimp
+ 1/4 cup mayonnaise
+ 2 tablespoons ketchup
+ 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
+ 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
+ Juice from one freshly squeezed lemon
+ 1 stalk of celery (chopped)
+ 2 tablespoons chopped cucumber
+ Garlic salt and pepper to taste

Thaw shrimp by running under cold water for 5 minutes. Drain well.


Next, remove shrimp's tails and discard. Roughly chop shrimp and add to a large bowl.


In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, Sriracha, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper to taste.


Next, chop celery, cucumbers, and green onions.


Add the Sriracha mixture to shrimp and chopped veggies. Gently stir together until combined.


Served chilled.

For added heat, drizzle additional Sriracha sauce over the top.



Enjoy.

  oxox, 

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.