This Shallot & Red Wine Reduction is not only quick to whip up, but is also a delicious addition to many meaty dishes.
I typically use this reduction for my Herbed Cheese-Stuffed Steaks, but it can easily be added to a tasty Pork Loin, Roasted Vegetables, and anything else your heart desires.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
|Shallots not pictured|
Shallot & Red Wine Reduction
- 3/4 cup of Red Wine
- 1/2 large freshly minced Shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh Thyme leaves
- Olive Oil
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a small sauce pan
- Add shallots and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes
- Add red wine and bring to a boil
- Simmer until the wine is reduced by half, about 8 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat and serve over meat or vegetable of choice