Sunday, December 22, 2013

Herbed Cheese-Stuffed Steaks



O.M.G.
Behold the holy grail of steaks

{drum roll, please}
...................................................................
I give you

THE

Herbed Cheese-Stuffed Steaks

Not only are these steaks so decedent, delicious, and oh so divine…They’re essentially a cinch to make.

This brings up a point. 
Have you started noticing a pattern here? 
Thought so..
And, if not, here's the deal:
I love making {somewhat} quick, simple and easy meals. The recipes that I have shared have a common theme: "deliciousness made simple".

Being a graduate student, teaching part time, and being a housewife leaves me with the struggle of wanting a scrumptious meal, but without a lot of fuss and time. 
Therefore, I love to indulge in a recipe that is quick, not super elaborate, and yet OH so Good!

I am sure many of you college, graduate, or even doctoral students know what I'm talking about. As well as, you busy parents, full-time workers, and all of the alike. Let's face it, most of us just simply don't have the time to spend all day, or night, (or both) creating a masterpiece of meal that takes hours to prep and countless ingredients. Time is of the essence here people! 
Yet, we're HUNGRY, and could use a good meal in our bellies! And when do we want it?? NOW!

That's what I'm all about when it comes to cooking, and I hope that you find these recipes to be great for you too!

Anyway, back to THE Steaks

My mom would make these for us  on special occasions when we were growing up. Those 'special occasions' included events such as birthdays, promotions, good grades, and we must not forget - my dad's especially favorite occasion = Steak Sunday. 
Do you catch my drift here? 
We all loved, and still do LOVE these steaks!
In fact, I've never come across a person who didn't love these steaks, and I assure you, you will love these steaks too!

Real quick: I also have to admit a small secret to you. 
I've never actually made these steaks before...
 I've always left that part up to my mom. 
That being said, assumed that this recipe would be extensive, difficult, and literally take all night to make. {Probably because of how good they are}

Finally, a few months ago I asked my mom for a mother-daughter sleepover, and suggested we make dinner together. In reality, my plan was for her to make dinner, and for her to make me, what we have dubbed "Cream Cheese Steaks".

Once I discovered, from watching my mom, how somewhat simple these were to make, I was on a mission to make them for the Husband. 

The hubs and I recently discovered a fantastic processing center, that I aptly call "The Meat Market". It sounds a little more pleasant right?
Lately we have been picking up some amazing rib-eye steaks. On our latest trip out there I was determined to add the herbed cheese and stuff these beautiful rib-eyes, in addition to a killer red wine reduction. So it was on!
{Recipe Below}


Here's what you'll need {shallots not pictured}

Herbed Cheese in the making
  
Typically, these steaks are intended to be made with a tender filet, but I was using what we had. And I assure you it didn't matter one bit, they were still super delicious, just on a bigger scale... and let's face it, I'm okay with that.

Herbed Cheese-Stuffed Steaks

Ingredients
  • 2 tender filets (8 oz each)
  • 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped green onions
  • 1 teaspoon finely minced shallots
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
  • 4 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
  • Garlic Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Instructions 
Preparing the Herbed Cheese
  • Set cream cheese out and bring to room temperature to soften, about 20 minutes
  • In a bowl mix softened cream cheese, green onions, shallots, and thyme
  • Set aside
Cooking the Steaks
  • Heat oven to 425 degrees
  • Season both sides of filets with Garlic Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Next, cut center of filets into the shape of an "X" (be careful not to cut all the way through the filets)
  • Heat olive oil in an oven safe pan over high heat
  • Add filets to the pan "X"-side down for 1 minute
  • Next, flip the steak in the pan and carefully fill the "X" with the cream cheese mixture
  • Cook for 1 - 2 minutes on the stove until seared
  • Next, place the entire pan into the oven and finish cooking steaks through until desired doneness - about 10 minutes for medium well
  • Remove the pan from the oven and cover until ready to serve
  • Serve on individual plates and top with Shallot & Red Wine Reduction
  • Enjoy!
 Link to the Recipe for the Shallot & Red Wine Reduction can be found here.

This post is linked with love to the awesome Home Sweet Home #152 Link Party, at The Charm of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.