Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Better Late Than Never

So, I understand this post is well over due, way late, and probably serves absolutely no purpose, but I am going to post it anyway.

You see, I've been feverously grading finals, as well as taking finals myself for school. I've been yearning to write up a quick post but I haven’t really been up to much except finals and grading, and I figured it'd be best to leave out the boring details of such… It's been a little hectic around here since Thanksgiving, to say the least.

Either way, I guess it’s better to post late than never, right?
(you reply) Right!

So here’s a quick Thanksgiving Recap:
 During Thanksgiving we had some family and friends stop by to join us! I’ll again mention now this was our first Thanksgiving at our place, including us doing the cooking. Although, my friend JoAnna brought some delicious home-made pies including home-made whipped cream. It was so AMAZING that I didn't get the chance to snap some photos. I did however get a couple of quick shots of the food between stirring, simmering, baking, roasting, and let’s not forget - EATING!


Papa's Pea Salad
I've been waiting a whole year to eat some pea salad! 

The Turkey
I never know if you’re supposed to take off the casing around the turkey… Oh well, we didn't burn the house down, I guess.

THE Gravy & Check out the Butter shaped into a turkey!! It's so festive we had to get it.
Shout out to Williams--Sonoma for the amazing  Turkey Gravy Base. Make the gravy nice and PERFECT!

We had Ham too! So so SOOO Good!

So there ya have it, our little Thanksgiving in a nutshell.

Stay tuned, tomorrow I'll be posting one of my favorite recipes for a quick meal, that is OH so Good! You won't want to miss it. 

- Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.