Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lemon + Parmesan Asparagus



Aahhhhh, Asparagus. Such a delicious and versatile vegetable. 
It possesses magical powers, and has the capacity to make any dish seem a little bit more Fancy...
...and your pee smellin' like.. well we all know where that's going.


But seriously, I love asparagus!  

+

My hubs loves asparagus! 
It's one of his top requested veggies when I ask him what we should have as a side dish.

+


There's something to be said about cooking for your man. 
If he likes it and you made it, then why wouldn't you make it again, right?
I'm all about pleasin' here!

I love making food that he loves, it's a win/win for both of us. 
I make it, we eat it, we both like it, I'm full and satisfied, and he proceeds to tell me sweet nothings about my cooking.
 Which makes me all warm and fuzzy. 
 Then I think to myself, 'I wonder if anyone else would enjoy this as much as we do?'
I decide: Heck! Might-as-well post it to the Blog! Great idea!

So here we are... 

 A couple of nights ago I made a rendition of my ultimate favorite food that my mom makes. It's super duper excellent, and I cannot describe to you how much I love my Mom's Herb-Cheese Steaks {don't worry lots more to come on this soon}. 
Since I was going all out with the steaks, I knew I needed a rock-star side dish that would complement the amazing cheezy, herby, steaky meal that I was attempting to make, then proceed to devour. I've raved about this dish for what has seemed like forever to my husband, and I finally got up the courage to try to make my own... So what in the world was I going to make as a side dish?? 
I immediately knew it had to be my 
Lemon + Parmesan Asparagus

Seriously, this asparagus can be served hot or cold, and dressed up or down - any way you like it. You can pair it with meaty beef, fish, chicken, salad.. whatever, you name it - the asparagus will be nothing shy of delightful. 

Asparagus + Parm + Lemon {pre-oven}


Roasted Lemon + Parmesan Asparagus

Lemon + Parmesan Asparagus

  • 1 bunch asparagus
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • Olive oil
  • Salt & Pepper

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Rinse asparagus, and remove the thick ends.
  3. Next, drizzle olive oil onto a large baking sheet.
  4. Place asparagus in a single layer across baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper.
  5. Next, evenly squeeze lemon juice over all the asparagus, then sprinkle the asparagus with Parmesan cheese.
  6. Place asparagus in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes until tender.
  7. Serve & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.