Thursday, September 18, 2014

Currently...


Hey y'all!! 

If you haven't noticed it's been a while since I've been in this little creative corner of the bloging world. And, Holy Moly has a lot been going on.

The beginning of the semester always creeps on me and I feel like I am never quite prepared. Between being a full-time grad student AND teaching courses, it has been one thing after another. I enjoy the challenge and staying busy, but finding balance lately has been so so so tough.

I've also been in a huge funk lately and I just can't seem to shake it. I won't go into the pathetic details and express the amount of tears I have shed over the past couple of weeks, but it has been tough. I can't quite put my finger on it either. I am truly blessed and have an amazing life, but I just feel down... low... in the pits.

Not to mention, illness (that has felt like death) has hit my household. Leaving me lethargic and completely deprived of any type of motivation.

Oh yeah, and we took a road trip from Cali back to Texas... Sounds fun, right?! Yeah, not so much for this girl. My rock-star of a husband decided to do the trip in one day from Vegas to home, and let's just say being in the car for 20+ hours (+ not feeling the best) is not my thing anymore. I used to love it. Roadtriping that is.... But, now I am beginning to despise it. And what's worse, I think I am starting to not like traveling at all anymore. Sad day. Is it bad that I just want to stay at/ in my little slice of heaven that is our home? Please tell me I'm not the only one. My Mom thinks I'm crazy and I am pretty sure my husband will never plan a trip for us because I literally woke up in tears every day while we were away. It's tough on me, my husband (mostly because he has to listen to me bitch) and it's tough on my fur babies. I might need to seek professional help...

However, we DID had the MOST amazing meal in Vegas at Guy Fieri's new place at the Quad. Two words: Truffle. Fries. Plus a bacon and Mac & Cheese burger and this little piglet was in a food coma for three days straight. Delicious! I am such a huge fan of his and his restaurant did not disappoint. The menu was out of this world and the service was absolute perfection. Here's a little sneak peak. It really was "Off the chain, Mayne!"


Le Reve The Dream, by Cirque de Soleil show did not disappoint either. Shit, I even cried at the end... which is par for the course lately.


Images// via

On the flip side, I do have some pretty exciting things to look forward to in the coming weeks and months.

Next weekend I will be attending the Blog Elevated Conference in Galveston, TX. I have teamed up with the Texas Social Media Research Institute and I gladly accepted the chance to join the conference this year. This is going to be such an amazing experience and I can't hardly wait... Although I am having a slight bought of  anxiety about traveling again. 5 hours in the car is much more doable than traveling from Vegas to Texas. Plus, I'll be able to meet so incredible people while Hubby holds down the fort.



Also, if you're in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area in November I would love for you to join me and my team for our Social Media Conference on November 8th. It will be full of insightful information and a great way to network with like minded social media gurus. Click here to register now!

So that's what's been going on in my world lately... What about you? How have YOU been lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.