Friday, September 19, 2014

Five Faves Friday - Autumn's in the Air


-ONE-
Autumn Bucket List - My social media feeds have been blowing up with photos and ideas for fun Autumn to-do's. I couldn't resist making our own. I've jotted down a few things we'd like to do this Fall and plan to add a few more. I am super excited about Fall this year, and all the fun festivities it brings with it. Do you make a seasonal to-do list? I can't wait to see how many we can knock out this season.

-TWO-
Cooler Temps - Cooler temps in my part of the South means temperatures in the high 80's and I will take it! Last night was bliss while we walked our property out to the lake. It was amazing and I can't wait for temps to continue to fall. I'll be eating those words as soon as we get an ice storm, but for now the weather is perfect! And, yes, Texas has ice, not snow, but ice... ahhh the irony.

-THREE-
#FallFunSwap - So as if my new blogging friend, Lindsay, over at The Pursuit of Pink, could get any better. She teamed up with Colleen Samantha to host a #FallFunSwap. I love Fall and I had to jump at the opportunity to participate. I can't wait to fill up a package full of some of my Fall favorites. If you'd like to join too, there is still time to sign up. Sign-up's are due Sept. 23rd. Click here, for all the awesome details and stay tuned for the reveal next month.


-FOUR-
Comfort Food - You know us Southerners love out Comfort Food. So after being on the road and feeling like death for the past week I could not wait to get back into the kitchen. First dish on the menu? Pot Roast with Fresh Carrots, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli-Cheese Casserole, and lots of Gravy. Praise the Lord for Gravy!

-FIVE-
Specialty Cocktails - A few weeks ago I met my brother for cocktails and a quick catch-up sesh in our home town. My in-laws had mentioned a new spot, Simmer, and I couldn't wait to check it out. The bartender, Dillon, was amazing and made me the perfect "end of summer" cocktail. In fact, the name of it is: "Summer's End". Made with Gin, Fennel Syrup and fresh cucumbers. It's one of his original creations and not listed on the menu (making it that much better). It was out of this world! Especially since temperatures that day were 100+ degrees. It was the perfect combination. Refreshing and Delicious. The ice bar made a nice addition too.



What are you loving on this week? Are temps cooler in your neck of the woods? 


I'm linking up with Texas Women's Bloggers for their Sweet Tea Social

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.