Friday, September 26, 2014

Five Faves Friday - Galveston Edition


Hey, hey hey!! This post is coming to you straight from the incredible Blog Elevated 2014 Conference in Galveston, Texas. My TSMRI team and I loaded up the car with our overly stuffed luggage and we hit the road yesterday ready to make our way to the Gulf Coast. Man! Oh, man!! Since we stepped foot into the salty air we have been  been simply swept away with wonderful information, awe inspiring talks, and the best dang networking I have ever experienced.

So since I'm here, why not bring this week's edition of #FiveFavesFriday, Galveston Style?!

I'm so excited so, Let's go!
-ONE-
Imperial Sugar - Two words: Sugar Scrubs. The amazing women from Imperial Sugar are not only awesome bloggers themselves but they showed us not one. Not two. But three. THREE! different and simple sugar scrubs. The scrubs smelled amazing, all natural and truly beneficial for your beauty regime. Not to mention they are completely customizable. I can't wait to share these with you (tutorials are coming soon) or if you're following me on Instagram you've had a little sneak into the wonderful world of these sweet scrubs.

-TWO-
Sweet Swag - Speaking of "sweet", can we just take a minute to recognize the amazing swag?! It just keeps coming and coming...  and, there's still more to come. Hats off to some of the amazing sponsors, like Kroger, Proctor and Gamble, and Galveston Visitors Bureau. Check out this adorable journal included in our welcome bags.



-THREE-
Shrimp Fest - So apparently I have the best luck of perfect timing. Right now, the Galveston Island Shrimp Festival. Which we will be headed to this afternoon to pick up some shrimps and gorgeous views of the ocean. I not only love food, but I love fresh seafood. This was made for me!

-FOUR-
The Incredible Bloggers - Can we take a moment of appreciation (and a round of applause) for the incredible bloggers that are upon us? Seriously, I have met some incredible men and women who are like minded, driven, and beyond inspiring. For example, I met Rachel Mathews from A Southern Fairytale today and I can't get enough of her and her blog. I felt as if I was meeting a celebrity when we shook hands. She's a photographer, mother, and an amazing cook. A native Texan (shoutout!) and one of the sweetest women I've ever met. Please go check out her blog, she truly is one talented lady. 

-FIVE-
Social Media - Where in the heck would we be without social media?! I mean seriously! I know I wouldn't have this opportunity without social media and the research team I am a part of. But what is so cool is that it's been so much fun searching, browsing, and  connecting with so many amazing people and companies. I just love it!

Okay, so that's all for now. I will be posting a detailed post about my experience and what I've learned from the conference next week. But, for now, I've gotta run. I have lots more hands to shake, people to speak to, information to learn and  more fun to be had. 

If you want to follow along with all the fun you can follow me on Twitter @amandafitoblog or on Instagram for photos from the conference and around Galveston.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.