Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hummus (w/ Fresh Garlic)


Last weekend I threw a small get-together, and like with any good gathering I knew we needed something fun to snack on. I decided to make an array of dips to pair with chips, crackers, and the sort.
One of the dips I made was Hummus.

Hummus has been a newly acquired taste for me, and I wasn't quite sure how this was going to go over with my guests. It seems that people either LOVE Hummus or could care less. But this Hummus was a HIT!! Not only did I love it, but my guests did too.

(Ps. I'll be sharing the recipes to the other dips in the coming days. Keep your eyes peeled.)

Like any good party planner, I did some research, made a long list of ideas, and then peeked into my The Real Girl's Kitchen Behold, I found the PERFECT recipe for Hummus. I tweaked it a little bit to my liking and now I am sharing this amazing dip with all of you.

I must say, freshly prepared Hummus is SO much better than store bought. It's also really easy to make, and you can totally make it to your liking. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and the taste is Oh So Good!

I hope you enjoy!

Hummus (with Fresh Garlic)
Ingredients
  • 2 cans of Chickpeas, Rinsed and Drained
  • 1/4 cup Pine Nuts (+ some reserved for topping)
  • 6 fresh Garlic Cloves
  • 1 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) + some to drizzle on top
  • Juice from 1/2 lemon
  • Large pinch of Salt
  • Large pinch of Cayenne Pepper
  • 1 teaspoon of Paprika
Instructions

  • Rinse Chickpeas and drain well.


  • Blend all ingredients in a food processor or heavy duty Blender (like the professional Ninja blender). Blend until smooth, or desired consistency. Top with a drizzle of EVOO and a few pine nuts. Add a dash of Paprika. 

Store any leftovers in a airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days. 

Party Tip: pair the Hummus with fresh veggies, such as carrots, cauliflower, and celery. Also pairs great with Pita Chips and Pretzel Crisps. 

So what do you think about Hummus? Don't you just love it?! If you've never tried it, you have to give this recipe a shot. I promise you will not be disappointed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.