Tuesday, June 24, 2014

4 Ingredient Creamed Corn




I love creamed corn. There’s just something about corn and cream that get me all sorts of giddy.
I think it’s a perfect side dish anytime of the year! And, therefore, it's only fair that I share with all of you my creamed corn go-to recipe.

I like to whip up this quick 4-Ingredient Creamed Corn for a delicious addition to any meal and the best part is it’s super fresh and super easy to make.

Here’s what you’ll need:

+ 1 bag of frozen corn - I like to use sweet corn
+ Whipping Cream
+ Butter
+ Cream Cheese
+ Plus some garlic salt & black pepper for taste



Here’s what you’ll do:

+ Add about 2 tablespoons of butter to a large pot. Let it melt over medium heat
+ Once melted, Add the frozen corn. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn is thawed
+ Next, Add some whipping cream. Depending on how creamy you like it  add enough whipping cream for your desired consistency. If you like it really creamy add more, and if you like it only slightly creamy keep it to a minimum. I’ve noticed I use about ¼ to ½ cup of cream depending how naughty I’m feeling that day
+ Next, add some cream cheese. Just enough to give it an extra cheese-y kick and to thicken up the cream a bit! I usually put about an ounce of cream cheese. Let the cream cheese melt into the corn, and give it a nice stir
+ Lastly, add some garlic salt and pepper to taste
+ Serve immediately and ENJOY!


AND, if you’re feeling real FANCY you can add some amazing toppings to give it some added flair! Here’s some of my favorite topping ideas:

+ Diced Fresh Jalapeno
+ Feta Cheese
+ Couple of dashes of paprika
+ Green onions (pictured above)
+ Bacon (what’s not good with added BACON?!)


And there ya have it! Easy, peasy, Cheese-y 4 Ingredient Creamed Corn



oxox, 
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.