Monday, August 25, 2014

Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Cookies


Soft peanut butter-y cookies meet dark chocolate-y goodness. 

These cookies are off the charts!

Perfect for an after-school snack, teacher gifts, or just to enjoy yourself. You can't ever go wrong with a peanut butter + chocolate combination.

I came across this wonderful recipe when I ordered my new Nordic Ware Baking Sheets. My husband loves Peanut Butter cookies and I love sweets. So with much anticipation I was ready to put my new baker's half sheet to work - and try this new recipe. Just like the baking sheet, these cookies did not disappoint. 

Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, chilled
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chopped peanuts (divided)
  • 10 oz dark chocolate chips

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix butter and peanut butter on medium speed until well combined
  • Add 3/4 cup flour and next 5 ingredients (through vanilla extract) and mix until smooth
  • Add remaining flour and mix to combine
  • Stir in 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
  • Place level scoops of cookie batter on baking sheet
  • Flatten with a fork
  • Bake for 7 - 9 minutes, or until lightly brown on the edges
  • Remove from oven and let cookies completely cool on a wire rack
  • Melt chocolate over low heat. Once melted dip each cookie into chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and refrigerate cookies until chocolate is set.
  • Enjoy!

  • Mix Batter until Smooth
    Place even scoops onto cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork before baking
    Cool cookies and let chocolate set

    I hope these cookies get your week off to a great start! 




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.