Thursday, August 28, 2014

Baked Barbecue Ribs



I've been using this recipe for years and it's absolutely fool-proof. I love that you can throw a rack of ribs in the oven for a few hours and simply have worry-free, amazing barbecue ribs.

I kind of feel guilty that I'm finally posting this recipe because I've talked about these scrumptious
ribs on multiple occasions (see here & here).

This recipe is perfect for the Labor Day holiday because you can prep everything the night before and then pop the ribs in the oven, day of. Then you're left with enjoying time with friends and family instead of spending your holiday watching over your meal or standing in the heat next to a grill.

With these ribs you still get the the tangy barbecue flavors and the meat just falls off the bones. Not to mention, your house will smell divine.

These Baked Barbecue Ribs are by far the easiest and tastiest ribs I've ever had, or made :)

Baked Barbecue Ribs (recipe adapted from Cooks.com)
Ingredients

Bone-in Ribs (I try to find pork ribs with plenty of meat on their bones)
1 large white onion
1 red bell pepper
2 yellow peppers
1 fresh jalapeno pepper (optional)

BBQ Marinade
- 16 oz Barbecue Sauce (I 100% recommend using Sweet Baby Rays these ribs are not quite the same without it)
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 2 cups Orange Juice (any variety - pulp free)


Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Cut ribs to fit evenly into your cooking pan.


Start by chopping your red and yellow peppers, onion, and slice the jalapeno. Add all the veggies to the bottom of a pan. Tip: Use a disposable pan for easy clean-up.


Mix the BBQ Marinade by combining barbecue sauce, garlic, and orange juice. Whisk all ingredients together.

Next, add your ribs to the pan by laying them evenly over the onions and peppers, meat side up.
Pour the BBQ marinade over the ribs. Cover the pan with foil.



Bake at 325 degrees for 4-6 hours, turning once during cooking. Remove foil cover the last hour or 2 of cooking. Once done, let ribs cool for five minutes and serve immediately.

Serve them up with my delicious deviled-eggs, corn-on-the-Cobb and my chocolate-covered peanut butter cookies for desert.

Enjoy!








I'm linking up with Emily for Tuesdays Recipe Swap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.