Friday, August 22, 2014

Five Faves Friday



ONE

My First Mug Swap - I joined Kallie from But First, Coffee for my first ever Mug Swap. It's similar to pens pals like when we were kids except you virtually meet another partner and begin knowing each other (via several emails). Then, once you get to know each other a little better you send your partner a coffee mug and visa versa. How cool is that?! A new friend and a coffee mug is included.

Isn't she a doll?! Kallie also shares fabulous makeup tips on her blog.
TWO

My Mug Swap Partner - So the mug swap gets even "cooler" when your partner happens to be one of your favorite bloggers. I have the pleasure of being partnered up with Lindsay from Pursuit of Pink. She is completely rad, and we have TONS in common. I have loved getting to know Lindsay more, even though I frequent her blog quite often. It's really been fun getting to know each other on a more personal level. My hope is to continue our Blogging Friendship even after the swap. As a new mommy, Lindsay shares lots of baby tips and her favorite Mommy products, as well as other fun things like make-up, life stories, and the transition of moving outside the city limits. Check her out, you'll instantly love her!


THREE

Back-to-School - I know all my mommy friends out there can attest to this, but I am so ready for school to start next week. After meeting some of my students I'll be teaching this semester and gearing up for classes myself, I am super stoked to get back into the swing of things and get this school year off to an excellent start.


Farm Kings - Finally!! My favorite TV show, Farm Kings, is back for another season. I just love love love everything about the Kings. It inspires me so much and I hope to one day grow up in be a farmer. (seriously!) I know it sounds crazy but I love that they can spend their work day out in the fields with their produce, flowers, and animals. It seems like the perfect job to me. A lot of hard work, but still so rewarding. I would just love to spend a week on their farm with them... until then, I'll get my weekly fix by watching the show.

FIVE

One And Only - I am completely hooked on Emily Griffin's newest book, One and Only. She released it earlier this Summer and I've finally had the chance to dive in and start reading it. It's been so hard to put down. I love the story of Shea's love for football and her Alma matter. I especially love that the plot in based in Texas and centered around the profession of working in a college setting and writing. See the similarities?! If you haven't read it, it's definitely a must read.


So there ya have it. What are your favorites from this week? What are looking forward to in the upcoming week?

Wishing all of you a wonderful weekend and a very happy school year!


I am linking up with Lauren Elizabeth, Amanda, and Erika.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.