Monday, July 28, 2014

Blue Cheese & Steak Wedge Salad

Whew!! What a weekend! 

B and I made an impromptu trip into Dallas to see the family + my mom pulled a couple of stings and snagged the entire family tickets to see Michael Jackson's Immortal Tour by Cirque Du Soleil! Unfortunately, I don't have any fun photos to share from the show since I was too busy perfecting my moonwalk, turns, and crotch grabbing dance moves. Along with being utterly captivated by the performers and thinking the entire show that their was a hologram somewhere in the mix I was unable to take some party pics. Plus, I'm completely positive the entire AA center thought I was delusional as I was running around between grabbing shots and food screeching: "OMG! He's about to come out! I just know he's coming out to this song." "Babe, we gotta get back to our suite, Michael's about to come out". Reflecting back on the stares and eyes that were rolled my direction, pretty sure people were assuming I didn't realize our beloved MJ was gone or that I was literally that ridiculous. Anywho, I love LOVE LOVE  me a good Cirque Du Soleil performance, not to mention we had box seats. And, just so you know, suite life is where it's at! All-in-all it was basically a dance party for me with pyrotechnics and amazing jams in the background. All my dreams were fulfilled.

After the all carbs, wine,  Grey Goose, and midnight pizza I've ingested over the weekend, along with a Supper Stubs (shotout!) to top it all off I was dying for something of substance and filled with vegetables sans grease.

Enter the Blue Cheese and Steak Wedge Salad



I love a great wedge salad accompanied by an amazing filet of beef. But, 'round these parts the combination has been a little tough to come by.

I can't exactly take total credit for this recipe because my amazingly talented in the kitchen, of  a little brother made me something very similar a few weeks ago when I was feeling under the weather. Plus, I feel as though I have to give him extra credit for snagging the entire bottle of Grey for our suite. Little brother's come in handy like that.

For dinner Sunday night, I was insistent that we make something on the healthier side of things. This salad is beyond delicious and take all of 20 minutes to make. And, if you have an incredible man in your life than he can help out with dinner. How can anyone resit that?!

All you need is:

2 small fillets
1 head of ice-berg lettuce (cut into 4 - 5 large wedges)
Cooked and extra crispy bacon
Blue Cheese Crumbles
Chopped Red Onion
You favorite Blue Cheese Dressing


  1. Sear your steaks on the grill. We like ours on the medium side so we ended up searing them for about 5 - 8 minutes on each side. They were pretty thick cuts.
  2. Cook bacon. Throw it in the oven at 450 degrees for about 15 - 20 minutes turning once in between cooking. Get it nice and extra crispy so it easily breaks up. Remove from oven and let cool. Place on a paper towel to soak up any extra bacon grease. 
  3. Assemble your lettuce wedge. Place wedge on a dish, crumble bacon on top, add some chopped red onions and pepper to taste. Lastly, sprinkle Blue Cheese crumbles on top.
  4. Very thinly slice your cooled filet and place on or around your wedge. I added a little more Blue Cheese crumbles because I can't live without it. 
  5. Serve with a heaping side of Blue Cheese Dressing - I dip it all in there: steak, lettuce and all!
  6. ENJOY!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.