Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Feeling Fine with my Francis Wine

If you've been following along from my post last Friday you know that I've been doing my best "wine research". If you haven't been following along, shame on you...

A couple of weeks ago my local grocer was having a great sale on wine + 10% off if you bought 6 bottles. I was up for the challenge and assured myself that I needed to leave the store with 6 bottles of wine, because a) they were on sale and b) after all I am doing a weekly series all things wine. It was totally justifiable and complete with savings.

Yesterday I dove into my first batch of research and it did not disappoint. In fact, I liked it so much that I am going to pick up 6 bottles of it alone to stock my (imaginary) wine rack.

This lovely Diamond Collection Chardonnay (surprise!) by the Francis Ford Coppola Winery is superb!!


Absolutely smooth and light on my palate with all of its French Oak Barrel gloriousness. And, with it's alcohol content slightly higher than most Chards, I was feeling fine in no time. But, please, Wine Responsibly.

I must admit, I had a hunch that this wine would be Oh, So Good due to the fact that it is produced in the same area of California that my beloved B proposed to me. I felt it's magical Monterey powers as soon as I gripped the bottle. And, with each sip I reminisced about the magical sunset that I was asked to be his wife on the beautiful coast of California. I digress...

Coppola's Chardonnay is perfect all the way around. This Chardonnay has a great price point, around $15 a bottle, and can be easily paired with just about anything. I give this wine two thumbs up and a great big gulp.


We paired the wine with my Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms (recipe can be found here) and it made a great watering companion during my evening soaking of the begonias. (those are flowers people, not swamp man's rendition of the word)


If you're a Chardonnay lover, like yours truly, I know you will love this wine. Go grab a bottle, or six, and give a great big Cheers to Mr. Coppola - you did a great thing Francis, and we love you for that. I am looking forward to trying many more of Francis Ford Coppola's festive wines and of course, I'll fill you in. It is, after all, my wino duty.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.