Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Red, Red Wine Vinaigrette

Welcome to this week's #WineWednesday. Toady we're going to switch it up a bit and talk about Red Wine Vinaigrette. Because, after all, this blog is centered around food. So let's talk wine AND a new recipe.


I absolutely love making fresh sauces and dressing. There's just something about adjusting the sauce exactly to your liking. By adding fresh herbs here and there you have all the control over your dressing, which is always a nice change of pace.

I just love Red Wine Vinaigrette. 
A little sweet. A little tangy. Plus, a little wine. It's the perfect addition to any salad.

Not only do I use this tasty vinaigrette to dress my salads. I also LOVE it as dipping sauce with extra crispy bread. It's like a BONUS!


I adapted this recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook (11th edition). Found here


I usually keep a jar of this dressing in my fridge so I can throw together a quick salad, use it as a dipping sauce, or add some extra flavor to sandwiches. It hardly ever lasts long enough, but it's so easy to whip up. Maybe next time I need to make a double batch.

Are you ready to make your own Red, Red Wine Vinaigrette?
Let's go!

What you'll need:
+  1/3 cup oil (I used vegetable, but olive oil will work great as well)
+  3 tablespoons of White Vinegar
+  1 tablespoon Sugar
+  1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme, oregano (I used dried herbs because that was all I had on hand)
+  1/2 teaspoon Paprika
+  1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
+  3 tablespoons Sweet Red Wine
+  1 clove minced Garlic

To Prepare:
In a jar, or air-tight container, combine all ingredients. Cover and shake well. Can be stored in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Shake well before serving. 


Note: I like to mix my vinaigrette a little heavy on the vinegar side. Therefore, I use Sweet Red Wine. It helps to counter balance out the vinegar. You can always use a dry Red Wine, which will work great as well!

Fun Fact. One of my all time favorite songs, since childhood, is Red, Red Wine by UB40. Every time I hear it on the radio I have to jam out and it takes me to such a happy place. I love how music can put us in a certain mood or give us a certain feeling. Do you have a favorite songs that takes you back?  

Here's to great salads, get sauces, and great music! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

    oxox, 

Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from ya! Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.